Wednesday, March 24, 2010

All Day Breakfast...



So I ate breakfast cereal twice today, as I do. The first bowl at breakfast time and the second at lunch time. It's just what I felt like. Sometimes I will even eat breakfast for dinner, especially when I don’t really feel like what’s on the menu.....Yes I do the cooking, so that doesn’t say much for my skills in the kitchen I know.....or as is sometimes the case, there is no menu. Thankfully my kids like cereal too.


If breakfast is the most important meal of the day then why not have it three times a day? It’s healthy, it’s light, it’s quick, and it’s easy. It even fits the budget. I know, you’re asking where are the vegies. However my point is:


I have been talking about prayer being the most important part of your day and a wonderful way to start your day, seeking first the kingdom of God; just as making sure your grocery list is written before you hit the shops always ensures a little less aimless wandering, so prayer shines light on that path ahead for the day. So as I was eating that lunch time bowl of cereal I was also thinking about the fact that prayer isn’t a once a day experience. It is continued communication with our heavenly Father as God’s word says:

“Never Stop Praying” 1Thessolonians 5:17

And it’s not just a constant line of requests, or being constantly on your knees, but a constant submitting of ourselves and our thoughts to God. We can’t always be on our knees, but our thoughts never stop.

Imagine submitting our thoughts to God!! We’d have to clean up our thought life a little....or a lot. But then his word does say:
"Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honourable, and right and pure, and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." Philippians 4:8


So let’s continue in prayer to our Glorious creator. He is waiting to hear from us and loves it when we are able to clear our minds/thoughts enough to hear from Him too. Being in prayer constantly is key to our walk and relationship with Christ.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. This is great, Jussy... I especially like where you said, "it’s not just a constant line of requests, or being constantly on your knees, but a constant submitting of ourselves and our thoughts to God."
    How different would our day (and our attitude towards our day) turn out if we did this faithfully!!
    Thanks for your input... and, just between you and me... I have had cereal for dinner before too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent illustration Jus...now I feel like some froot loops!!

    ReplyDelete